SIRIUS Satellite Radio And Nfl Collaborate To Create Fun On The Radio At Super Bowl XXXIX
- SIRIUS to Air Seven Game Broadcasts in Five Languages
- SIRIUS NFL Radio Broadcasting Live from Jacksonville
- SIRIUS NFL Radio Streaming Live on Superbowl.com
- Super Bowl Attendees to Receive Special Radio
- SIRIUS Establishes Jacksonville Traffic Information Channel
NEW YORK and JACKSONVILLE, FL - February 3, 2005 - The NFL and SIRIUS Satellite Radio (NASDAQ: SIRI), the Official Satellite Radio Partner of the NFL, have collaborated on several activities that will enhance the Super Bowl experience for fans in Jacksonville, site of Super Bowl XXXIX, and across the country.
SIRIUS will broadcast Super Bowl play-by-play live in five languages, including the home and away English versions of the game. This year marks the first time that football fans across America will be able to hear so many complete versions of the game. SIRIUS subscribers can choose from:
- New England Patriots broadcast (on SIRIUS channel 123)
- Philadelphia Eagles broadcast (channel 125)
- Spanish-language broadcast (channel 181)
- Japanese broadcast (channel 126)
- Mandarin (Chinese) broadcast (channel 127)
- German broadcast (channel 148)
Fans attending the Super Bowl at Alltel stadium this Sunday will receive a souvenir transistor radio in their seat cushions, courtesy of SIRIUS. This radio will receive special in-stadium feeds of pre-game programming from SIRIUS NFL Radio and FOX TV along with pre and postgame feeds of the NFL Network. During the game, fans can listen to audio of the FOX TV broadcast, both local play-by-play broadcasts, the national radio broadcast and the Spanish-language broadcast of the game.
SIRIUS listeners in the Jacksonville area this week can monitor traffic conditions and weather reports by tuning in to SIRIUS First Weather and Traffic on the Orlando channel, 158.
SIRIUS is the premier destination for sports on satellite radio. For the first time last season, pro football fans were able to choose from a full slate of live NFL broadcasts from around the country. SIRIUS also broadcasts up to 40 NBA games each week. SIRIUS College Sports Radio will broadcast more than 200 college basketball games in February alone. SIRIUS is also the Official Satellite Radio Partner of the NHL and Barclay's English Premier League Soccer.